Sunday, June 24, 2007

Me.dium: Browse the Web Socially

When I started to use Flock again, I thought I'd spice things up a bit by addiong some Flock extensions. One of the things the caught my eye during my "extensions hunting" is me.dium. So I dutifully installed the me.dium extension and I could not begin to guess what opened up in my browser.

The first thing that caught my eyes was the funky animated sidebar that was added to Flock. I don't usually read manuals and FAQs so I just clicked on one of the icons at the sidebar. It turns out that if you click on one of the icons, you effectively go to the website that icon represents. It allows you to virtually see which webpages are actually viewing in realtime! I invited some friends to the service and to date, two of my friends responded. Now each time then go online, I can see where they go to (cool huh!).

Another cool feature of me.dium is that if you are in the same website as your friend (or even strangers), you can initiate a chat regarding the site you both are reading.

I think me.dium is not that popular yet but once more users start using this service, I think some exciting things will begin to happen. Oh, and me.dium is also available for Firefox users.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: