Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stalker Gains Control of a Whole Family's Cellphone

A horror movie come to life | TheNewsTribune.com | Tacoma, WA

Horror story indeed! I bet half my weekly Starbucks that the perp in this stalking case is a tech savvy family member or at least a close family friend.

But seriously, the person who is behind this hi-tech stalking may either be a hacker extraordinaire or simply a family member who has too much time on his/her hands. I mean, I'm in the tech business and I have yet to see a cellphone whose ringtone can be changed remotely without user intervention and as far as my limited techical knowledge is concerned, this can only be accomplished if you have the phone in your hands.

Spoofing phone calls, well that's easier to do if you have the proper equipment and access codes. I heard in one podcast where Woz (Steve Wozniak) talks about how he pulls a prank on his friends my calling them on their cellphones but when this friends look at who is calling, their own numbers will appear on their cellphone screen -- so that means this is possible.

BUT, I still stick to my previous statement, this *may* be a handiwork of a troubled family member/close friend of the family.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: