Thursday, July 19, 2007

Frets on Fire: Be A Guitar Hero for Free!

One of the reasons why I wanted to buy a Sony PlayStation 2 a few months ago was a game called Guitar Hero. I enjoyed playing and watching people play it. But I had to defer my PS2 purchase because of the introduction of the PS3 -- I didn't want to get stuck with an obsolete game console.

Enter Frets on Fire, the open source equivalent of Guitar Hero. So this free, open source and multi-platform game can be played on a PC running Windows, Linux and even Apple computers.

The

One big advantage Frets on Fire has over Guitar Hero is a normal computer keyboard can be used in lieu of those expensive guitar-shaped game controller. It can be freely downloaded here.

Note to self: buy a cheap CDR King keyboard and play Frets on Fire this weekend!

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: