Monday, October 15, 2007

GUI Jailbreak for the iPod Touch

iJailBreak is out!
October 14th, 2007 | Posted by Ben Feldman, co-13-year-old developer

And it's on our Google Code for download. It has been tested to work on OS X Tiger on Intel chips. No guarantees that it will work on PPC chips - we're working on it. Enjoy!
iJailBreak - Home

If you're not too keen about using Terminal.app to jailbreak your iPod Touch, this *may* be the solution for you.  It is currently at version 0.2.1 which means that it is still in its early stages of development, therefore USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Update: Oh, and did I mention that iJailbreak only runs for Intel-based Macs?  The developer, however, promises compatibility with PPC Macs in the future.  Sorry Windows users, no love for you here... yet. :)

Update 2: iJailBreak works!  I botched my previous hacking attempt by manually installing an alpha version of an app (don't ask) so I decided to restore iNewton and run iJailbreak and it indeed worked!  Now iJailbreak has the Talkin' Tech seal of approval! :D

Update 3: Windows users need not fret!  There's a Windows-based all-in-one solution for you too and its called touchFree. Since I can't test this version, let me just quote my friend at Mac-a-Doodle, "CAVEAT hax0r".

Blogged with Flock

No comments: