Yesterday, I said that I had successfully Jailbreak-ed my iPod Touch. I was enjoying my Touch with its 3rd party applications. I had fun installing and uninstalling 3rd party apps but there was one thing missing, Mobile Mail. I want to be able to access my emails on-the-go but something seems to be wrong with the steps I followed so I decided to re-do the Jailbreak and attempt to install Mobile Mail properly this time.
Here's what I did to achieve this. I'm not sure if I'll be successful but I just want to document the steps that I'm taking for posterity's sake.
- Connected my iPod Touch to my MacBook and did a "Restore" via iTunes. This will bring my iPod back to factory default settings.
- With that done, I ran the .TIFF exploit to enable me to browse the contents of my Touch.
- Proceeded to perform the JailBreak procedure as outlined here.
- Setup SSH as outlined here.
- Fixed iTunes as outlined here.
- Installed Installer.app as outlined here.
- Installed Springboard hack as outlined here.
- Setup native iPhone apps as outlined here.
In th coming days, I hopefully will find a way to make Mobile Mail to work but in the meantime, I'll enjoy using my iPod Touch (which I now dub "iNewton"), especially my "killer applicaton" Books.app.
Update: It turned out that the Mobile Mail program that I was installing was corrupted. I tried a package from a different source and now I can access my Gmail account using iPhone's Mobile Mail on my iPod Touch! Now it is worthy of its nickname of "iNewton"
Blogged with Flock