Saturday, November 17, 2007

No Sweat Mobile Mail (and other iPhone Applications) Installation for the iPod Touch


Yesterday, I took and plunge and upgraded my 16Gb iPod Touch to the latest firmware (1.1.2). Jailbreaking my 1.1.2 upgraded iPod Touch was pretty painless, in fact, the process took less time than my previous jailbreaking activities. Applications that I did not immediately restore are the mobile iPhone applications (Mobile Mail, Mobile Notes, Weather and Maps) because I knew that there may be some incompatibility issues considering that the files I have of those apps were still version 1.1.1.

But this morning, I revisited the Touchdev wiki and saw that there's an easier way to install the iPhone mobile apps. This involves adding a new software repository to Installer.app and once that new repository is recognized, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 iPhone applications will be available for automatic download and installation!

Now, my iPod Touch is back to its old usable state and I couldn't be happier!

Happy hacking!

Blogged with Flock

No comments: