Saturday, May 05, 2007

Citibank: Ooops They Did It Again (Text SPAM)

Last night, or rather, very early this morning, my cellphone received three succeeding text messages. Thinking that it was some sort of an emergency, I dragged my ass out of bed, groped for my cellphone to see what those messages are.

It turns out that those three messages that I received between 3:12 AM and 3:13 AM are SMS Spam from my favorite text SPAMMER in the whole wide world: Citibank!

Here are the messages I received in toto:

1/3: CITIBANK : Going out of town this weekend? Gas up with your Citibank Credit Card and earn 3X Rewards points.
From: 2327
3:12am 5-May-07

2/3 To get your bonus Rewards Points, register once by texting CITI 16 digit credit card no. to 2366
From 2327
3:13am 5-May-07

3/3 Promo is until May 31, 2007. See flyers or visit www.citibank.com.ph for details. Per DTI-NCR Permit #0952, s2007. To stop msg, reply CITIBANK OFF.
From 2327
3:12am 5-May-07

How considerate of them to provide me with a way to stop these messages... BUT DO THEY HAVE TO SEND IT AT THAT UNHOLY HOUR??????

Oh, and did I mention that this is not the first time that I have received SPAM from Citibank?

No comments: