Tuesday, May 22, 2007

GnuCash on Mac... please

Nope, this is not a review of GnuCash on OS X. This is in fact an appeal to the Apple community: Can someone please port this outstanding free financial application to OS X?

I fell in love with GnuCash while experimenting with Ubuntu Linux that runs under Parallels in my MacBook. Installing Ubuntu Linux on my MacBook is far from trivial but once it was up and running, adding GnuCash was quick and easy. When I tested GnuCash, I fell in love with how simple it is to add entries to it, making it easier to track where my money goes. However, I need to run Linux just to use this outstanding application.

Yes, there is a way to do this using Fink (and I understand X11) but why can't someone do it like what they did to Gimp?

Which brings me back to my appeal: Can someone *please* port GnuCash to OS X?

No comments: