Thursday, July 26, 2007

Are You Scam Savvy?

For the past couple of years, thousands, even millions of people has fallen victim to online scams and phishing activities. Hackers and phishers has slowly become more skillful at creating fake websites that even veteran internet users have fallen victim to some of these phishing sites.

Luckily, McAfee SiteAdvisor has a site that tests people at identifying bogus websites. It can be accessed here.

Above is a part of the quiz -- people who wants to take the quiz needs to choose between two virtually identical screenshots and determine which of the two is authentic.

I consider myself fairly tech savvy but I'm ashamed to admit that I only scored 6 out of 10 -- a real eye opener for me.

How about you, how Scam Savvy are you?

technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: