Thursday, September 13, 2007

Latest Eee PC Review: My Faith is Restored!

There's a new hands-on review on the Asus Eee PC and it looks like my "gadget-lust" for this diminutive gadget has been rekindled. Posted by a developer from unicap-imaging.org, the default image capture utility of the Eee PC.

The details on the review is much better than the earlier ones and the pictures, IMHO is better. The person who posted didn't give any details on the other software installed on the Eee PC but the most significant information in this detail is that it has confirmed that the Eee PC's RAM is user upgrade-able *and* the specific distro of Linux it is running (Xandros)

If you want to read the whole review, just click on the picture of the Eee PC above (which, BTW is on top of an Apple MacBook.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Hawke said...

Looks like an incredible machine, I will be getting one as soon as I can get my hands on one!

Amadeo said...

As I recall it was the Toshiba Libretto that started this PC-miniaturization trend in the mid-90's.

Bought one for a sibling, which had a 100mhz processor and weighed less than 900 grams, I believe.

But obviously, this trend did not catch fire. I believe Libretto's last model came out 2005.