Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WhyPhone?

Weeks after the release of the iPhone in the U.S., the iPhone has become a hit locally even if it has not been released officially in Asia. I for one would not mind having one and if the deal that's been offered me pushes through, I'll definitely get a unit in a heartbeat.

Using the keyboard

Now, a lot of "knowledgeable" people scoff at the iPhone because its features are not at par with locally available cellphones at the same price point. Now, he question remains, why get an iphone at all?

Well, here's why I want one *now*:

  • I want a mobile internet terminal and based on reviews, Mobile Safari works really well and should be more than adequate for what I want to do with it.
  • I don't send/receive MMS so the iPhone's lack of MMS capability is a non-issue for me.
  • I have a 3G/HSDPA phone but I rarely use it so what's the big deal if the iPhone only support EDGE?
  • My old 3rd gen iPod is dying of old age and I'm in the market for a new digital media player -- the iPhone is more than capable to fill this need.
  • Speaking of iPod, the 8GB capacity of the current iPhone is more than adequate to provide me with ours of music and a couple of movie clips, I don't need to carry my complete media library with me.
  • With the iPhone, I'll just carry one gadget with me, instead of carrying a phone, an iPod, and a small laptop.
There are other reasons but those are the main reasons why I want an iPhone NOW!

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: