Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Aiptek DV Z200 PRO: A Bullet-point Review


I got this Aiptek DV Z200 PRO as a birthday gift. It also replaces my trusty point-and-shoot Kodak digital camera which got sort of broken when it fell during our summer outing :(

Here are my thoughts so far:

  • It is quite handy.
  • The 1000 mAh battery looks like something you see on cellphones.
  • Videos taken are quite decent but I have yet to those videos on TV.
  • Its 5 megapixel camera takes good pictures but the shutter lag is a bit annoying.
  • Connecting the DV Z200 to a computer is a breeze, no drivers required.
  • Charges if connected to a computer via USB.
  • The size makes it easy to lug around and capture still images and videos at a moment's notice.
  • If I'm to use this "seriously", I'll probably need a full-sized tripod (or at least a monopod).
I may still need to get a decent point-and-shoot camera so I can get better pictures. But for taking short video clips and home movies, this little gadget should work really well with me.

No comments: