Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Engadget Awards: Interesting Results

My favorite gadgets blog, Engadget has just published their "Engadget Awards 2005" on their site. Since I'm an Engadget fan, I ran through their "results" and found some very interesting picks.

For smartphone of the year, engadget readers picked the Palm Treo 650 (GSM) while Engadget picked the HTC Universal -- pretty safe since one runs PalmOS while the other runs Windows Mobile.

A real surprise for me is their handheld of the year. Both Engadget readers and Engadget picked Nokia 770! Although I do not discount the fact that this is a wonderful piece of gadgetry, I don't think it has enough user base nor available applications to be even included in the choice. Well, maybe they are being forward-looking on this one.

Another "safe" category is the laptop of the year. Readers chose the PowerBook 15" while Engadget picked the IBM ThinkPad Z (which I think is one of the last "IBM" ThinkPads that was released).

I personally think that this "awards" left out two gadgets -- the Sony PSP and the Nintendo DS.

technorati tags: , ,

No comments: